Tuesday 25 November 2008

Music I play II - Tientos

Tangos are a basic form of flamenco rhythm, probably originating from Cadiz and Sevilla. Tientos are the most solemn and profound Cante (song) and Toque (playing style) of the group and they are distinguished from the faster styles of Tangos by their characteristic Compas (metre) and by their serious themes. The word Tiento literally means a 'touch'.

This Tiento uses the flamenco scale (similar to the Phrygian mode) in the por medio position based on the key of A and a meter of 4/4.

speed of this Tiento is Andante-moderato

= 104


6 comments:

Mona said...

Gypo,
I have been wanting to ask you a question for awhile but it is unrelated to this piece of music and I am not sure if you would be up for it. Let me know if so. Thanks.

Gypo said...

yeah sure, hit me.
do you wanna post it here or send it by email?
my email is:
tamersfahmy@hotmail.com

Mona said...

I will post it here. I wanted to ask you about your Nov. 12th, 2008 post.

I am curious to know what thoughts/ insights do you have about how to resolve or reconcile the identity struggle issue. I am just curious because I have been trying to figure this out myself for a long long time.

Thanks Gypo.

Gypo said...

El 7a2i2a ana mesh fahem el so2al we mesh 3aref arodd fe3lan.

Gypo said...

or to be precise, I understand the question but the reply may take hours and a hundred pages to be thorough and clear.

Mona said...

No problem, thanks for the attempt.